Baltic Saw Mills – 7 plank N gauge
Limited edition 7 plank wagon produced by Dapol for Ballards in 2005. Like many businesses of the era Baltic Saw Mills operations incorporated different trades. In the 1870’s they were operating as coal merchants offering ‘Best Durham Coals’ from South Hetton and Haswell. They also had several sites in Tunbridge Wells undertaking sawmill work including manufacturing wooden doors and mouldings. The company had a depot at Goods Station Road and at a wharf on the Medway at Tonbridge. Later they would expand to include sites at Rochester and Newhaven. During the early 1900’s Baltic Saw Mills took over several smaller coal merchants incorporating them into their business. The company had an account with the LMS in 1942, but by 1955 only the Saw Mills side of the business is being advertised. A drawing by Don Halliday depicts a Baltic Saw Mills wagon with a description of the livery being red oxide with white lettering and black shading. ERA’s: 2 and 3. Wagon is in excellent condition with all couplings and buffers intact. Box is in very good condition.
Historical information from Private Owner Wagons of the South East by John Arkell (Lightmoor Press)
2 in stock