Bexhill Coal Company – 7 plank OO
The Wagon Yard Bexhill Museum Collection – Produced in house by The Wagon Yard team the authentic livery artwork comes from historic images and has been applied using a state of the art digital printing process. The wagon body and chassis is from Dapol’s high quality range. This wagon has been produced for Bexhill Museums Izzard Family layout and is available in a limited run with each wagon made to order (please allow 21 days for delivery). A donation from each wagon sold will be made to the museum.
The Bexhill Coal Company traded during the early to mid 1900’s. A listing in the Kelley’s directory of Sussex shows them operating in 1924 and in 1931 the company registered 8 wagons, built by William Rigley with the Southern Railway. The companies office was located in Endwell Road close to the LB & SCR Bexhill station, although it is not clear if this is where their wagons were based. The company also owned the Battle Coal Co and would go into liquidation in 1953.
(Private Owner Wagons of the South East by John Arkell, Lightmoor Press).