Brighton Co-operative Society (triple set) – 7 plank OO
Limited edition triple set of 7 plank wagons in the liveries of Birmingham Co-operative Society commissioned by Warley MRC and made by Bachmann (37-081Y) in 2011. Limited edition certificate included no. 419 of 504 produced. The Co-op (originally known as the Birmingham Industrial Co-operative Society) was formed in 1881 by the railwaymen of the Lawley Street goods depot of the Midland Railway to trade in coal. After a tough start the Society established several depots on the London & North Western Railway in coal sidings. Cannock Chase Collieries supplied much of the coal and was transported by the LNWR and the Birmingham Canal Network. The Society was a great success expanding and growing its trade to include other goods over the next half a decade. Various wagon liveries were used and the wagons modelled here are based on original photographs. Wagon No. 41 was photographed at a GWR depot circa 1923, the builder of the wagon is not certain but may of been the Lincoln Engine & Wagon Co given the style. No. 172 seems to of been purchased second hand from South Wales in the 1920’s and its builder is unknown. Wagon No. 45 was believed to be part of a batch bought from the Lincoln Engine & Wagon Co in 1910. ERA’s: 2 and 3, All three wagons are in excellent like new condition with all buffers and couplings intact. Box is in good condition with light wear.
Historical Information Private Owner Wagons a Fifth Collection by Keith Turton (Lightmoor Press)
1 in stock