Chiltonian Biscuits – gunpowder van OO

£19.95

Description

Part of our Bexhill Museum collection – £3 from the sale of this wagon will go to Bexhill Museum home of the Izzard Family N and OO layouts. This wagon is made to order so please allow 21 days for delivery.  Arthur Chilton King started his business in 1908 with the purchase of Perfecta foods. With factories in Hither Green and then Lee Manor the company opened the Chiltonian Biscuits packing factory in Sidley, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex in the 1930’s. The company would eventually be bought out by the Amalgamated Biscuits Group in 1980. The wagon modelled here is a representation of a van that the company could of used to transport goods and product to and from the factory. The livery comes from advertising materials and packaging produced by the company in the 1930’s and 40’s. ERA: 3

 

SKU: OOChiltonianBiscuitsGPV Categories: , ,