City of Lancaster Gas Works – 7 plank OO
Limited edition 7 plank wagon commissioned by Crafty Hobbies and made by Dapol in 2014. Limited edition certificate included no. 24 of 135 pristine wagons. The gas works at Lancaster were built in 1826 by the River Lune and coal was transported in by sea. By the early 1900’s the gas works had been rebuilt and had access to the railway at the Lancaster Quay Sidings on the L&NWR. The line allowed access by the Midland Railway opening up the gas works transport links. Crawshaw & Warburton Ltd supplied the gas works coal from its Shaw Cross Colliery located on the GWR Ossett Branch line near Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. In 1914 Shaw Cross supplied 10,000 tons of coal to the gas works. The wagon modelled here was made by the Ince Waggon & Ironworks Company in 1922, no photos of the original livery are known to exist but the livery seen here was photographed in 1938 after being repainted. ERA: 3. Wagon is in excellent condition with all buffers and couplings intact. Original box in good condition.
Historical Information from Private Owner Wagons A Thirteenth Collection by Keith Turton (Lightmoor Press)
1 in stock