Eckington (J.G. Wells) – 7 plank OO
Limited edition 7 plank wagon commissioned by The Midlander and made by Bachmann in 1999. Limited edition certificate included no. 292 of 500 pristine wagons made. John & George Wells began mining around Eckington Village near Rotherham in South Yorkshire in the 1830’s. The company would go on to be hugely successful, establishing a reputation for their gas coal and mining several collieries including Holbrook and Renishaw Park amongst others. The City of Birmingham became a substantial customer purchasing some 100,000 tons per year. In 1940 the companies collieries were taken over by The Tinsley Park Colliery Co ending just over a century of successful trading. The wagon modelled here was built by W. H. Davis in 1936 as part of an order for 50 wagons which were registered with the LNER. ERA’s: 2 and 3. Wagon is in excellent condition with all buffers and couplings intact. Box is in fair condition with heavy wear to the ends and edges. Inner packaging is damaged but still holds wagon safely.
Historical information from Private Owner Wagons a Fifth Collection by Keith Turton (Lightmoor Press)
1 in stock