H. Syrus – 7 plank N gauge
Limited edition 7 plank wagon produced by Dapol for Ballards in 2008. Limited to 100 pristine wagons. Harry Syrus was based in Hastings and operated as a coal merchant as early as 1887. He had offices in Bohemia Road, the business closed in 1910. Syrus ordered two wagons from the Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Co. Two 10 tons were ordered in January 1898 and three 10 ton in SEptember 1900. Both orders were on 7 years deferred terms. The liveries of the two orders varied with white lettering and black shading for the first order and black writing with blue shading for the second. The body colour of light lead remained the same. The wagon modelled here is based on the 1898 wagons. ERA: 2. Wagon is in excellent condition with all couplings and buffers intact. Box is in very good condition with minor wear.
Historical information from Private Owner Wagons of the South East by John Arkell (Lightmoor Press)
1 in stock