Harris & Co – 7 plank OO
and Limited edition 7 plank wagon commissioned by Antics and made by Dapol in 2003. Limited edition of 250 pristine wagons. During the late 1800’s Harris & Co processed borax (which was used to manufacture glass and also makes soaps and dyes) at its works at Inchbrook, Stroud. Between 1894 and 1897 the company was also registered as a coal merchant and operated using Dyehouse Sidings. By 1906 records show the business is owned by The Borax Consolidated Ltd with a T. Harris as manager. The wagon modelled here was built by the Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Co in 1893 and was one of two purchased and registered with GWR. ERA: 2. Wagon is in excellent, like new condition with all buffers and couplings intact. Box in very good condition.
Historical information from Private Owner Wagons of Gloucestershire by Ian Pope (Lightmoor Press)
1 in stock