J. Longley & Son – 7 plank N
The Wagon Yard Exclusive Editions – Produced in house by The Wagon Yard team the authentic livery artwork comes from historic images and has been applied using a state of the art digital printing process. The wagon body and chassis is from Dapol’s high quality range. This wagon livery was requested by one of our customers and is available in a limited run with each wagon made to order (please allow 21 days for delivery).
James Longley & Son are coal dealers circa 1907 based in Ashford in Kent. They operated from a depot at the Old Station in Goddington Road and were later listed as coal merchants in the 1911 edition of Kelly’s Directory. The firm had accounts with the L&NWR and the LMS. The company is believed to of traded until the early 1940’s. This wagon is created from the description of a photograph of one of the companies wagons at Ham Street Siding in 1910. ERAs: 2 and 3
Historical information from Private Owner Wagons of the South East by John Arkell (Lightmoor Press)