Leeds Industrial – 7 plank N

£14.95

Description

and Limited edition wagon made by Peco for Millennium Models. A limited edition run of 150 pristine models. Leeds Industrial Co-operative society was a major supplier of coal pre world war one. The main depot was located at Victoria Bridge and St. Peters wharves on the River Aire in Leeds. The depot was supplied by some 35 barges. In addition there were 10 rail depots on GNR, NER and MR. Numerous collieries such as Whitwood and  Allerton Main supplied the co-operative with  domestic coal. To cope with the huge amount of coal that needed transporting 70 wagons were purchased from Charles Roberts and Co between 1897 and 1923. ERA: 2

Historical Information from Private Owner Wagons Volume 3 by Bill Hudson (Oxford Publishing Co)

1 in stock

SKU: NLeedsIndCoop Categories: , ,