Stephens Silica Bricks Co – 5 plank OO
Limited edition 5 plank wagon commissioned by West Wales Wagon Works and made by Dapol in 2006. Limited edition no. 62 of 109 pristine wagons. In operation from the 1890’s the brick works in Kidwelly, South Wales was started by Daniel Stephens. Stephens made use of the little known Gwendraeth Valley Railway. The railway was a mineral line which brought silica and clay from the pits at Myndd-y-Garreg to the brickworks located by Kidwelly Station on the GWR. The bricks produced by the company were in high demand due to their superior quality, known as ‘Dinas’ bricks they were used to line furnaces in the iron, steel and glass industries. The company is known to of had wagons from the Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Co in 1901 and from Ince Wagon Co between 1903 and 1911. The brick works finally closed in 1965. ERA’s: 2 and 3
Wagon is in excellent condition with all couplings and buffers intact. Original box with West Wales limited edition sticker. Box in good condition.
Historical Information from Private Owner Wagons A Sixth Collection by Keith Turton (Lightmoor Press) and Private Owner Wagons from the Ince Waggon & Ironworks Co (HMRS)
Out of stock