The High Brooms Brick & Tile Co – 7 plank N gauge
Limited edition 7 plank wagon produced by Dapol for Ballards in 2005. The High Brooms Brick & Tile Co Ltd was based in High Brooms, Kent and opened in 1885. The works provided employment for 400 local men and boys. The company operated it’s own wagons from as early as 1891 and had an account with the L&NWR. The wagons would of been used to bring coal to the works as fuel for the brick kilns. The bricks and tiles produced were not however transported on the railway and instead were delivered to customers using steam lorries or horse and cart. In 1913 they sold 5 of their wagons to the SE&CR which were renumbered A206 to A220. There is no record of the works operating wagons after this time. Wagon numbers 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10 would later be renumbered with Southern Railway numbers and were in use up until 1933. ERA: 2. Wagon is in excellent condition with all couplings and buffers intact. Box is in very good condition.
Historical information from Private Owner Wagons of the South East by John Arkell (Lightmoor Press)
1 in stock