W. Vincent & Co – 7 plank N
Limited edition 7 plank wagon commissioned by West Wales Wagon Works and made by Dapol in 2008. Limited edition of 100 pristine wagons with this being number 32. William Vincent was a coal merchant based in Bristol from 1865. Originally based at Wapping Wharf on Bristol Harbour the business would move to a new address on Coronation Road in 1880. Vincent dealt in house, steam, smiths and anthracite coals until 1901 when Vincent retired. By 1902 the business had changed hands and had a new name. In terms of wagons Vincent the first record of an order is from the Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Co for the hire of two second hand 10 ton wagons in 1888. In 1890 a further three 8 ton wagons were hired from Gloucester. The wagon modelled here was one of five purchased in 1898 again from Gloucester on deferred terms. ERA: 2. Wagon is in excellent like new condition with all buffers and couplings intact. Original box with limited edition sticker, in very good condition.
Historical information from Private Owner Wagons of Bristol & District by Ian Pope (Lightmoor Press)
1 in stock