W. W. Milton & Co (Grey) – 7 plank N
Limited edition 7 plank wagon commissioned by Antics in 2007 and made by Dapol. Limited edition certificate included no. 103 of 250 pristine wagons made. The company was started by A. H. Milton in the late 1800’s with his son Wilfred taking over in the early 1900’s. The companies name was changed to W. W. Milton at this time and relocated to Montpelier Station in Bristol. Wilfred purchased his first wagon in 1910 from the Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Company and a further 3 wagons followed . Milton would only number his wagons using even numbers and was still trading as a coal merchant in 1938. ERA: 2 and 3. This wagon is in excellent, like new condition with all buffers and couplings intact. Box in good condition, with some wear to the outer card.
Historical Information from Private Owner Wagons of Bristol & District by Ian Pope (Lightmoor Press) and Private Owner Wagons from The Gloucester Railway carriage Wagon Company Ltd compiled by Keith Montague (Oxford Publishing Co)