Walter Waugh & Co – tank N

£13.95

Description

The Wagon Yard’s fourth limited edition tank wagon. This one produced for the Warley Exhibition 2019, 100 limited edition pristine wagons. In the traditional petroleum wagon colours of buff / stone with red lettering and central red stripe. (image to follow very soon). Walter Waugh formed his company in 1917 after the end of a partnership with Victor Blagden. The company was based at Coronation House, Lloyds Avenue, London and his sons and one other were partners in the business. Walter Waugh died in 1925 and the business was taken over by Tar Residuals Ltd in 1929, however the Walter Waugh name was still in use in 1969. This particular wagon was made by G. R. Turner Limited of Langley Mill and delivered in 1918. G. R turner built very few tank wagons and this wagon is one of only a few examples on record. ERA: 2, 3, 4 and 5

Historical information from Private Owner Wagons A Tenth Collection by Keith Turton (Lightmoor Press)

10 in stock

SKU: NWalterWaugh Categories: , ,