Wm. Clarke & Son (triple set) – 7 plank OO
Limited edition triple set of 7 plank wagons in the liveries of W. Clarke & Son commissioned by B 7 H Models and made by Bachmann (37-080U) in 2003. Limited edition certificate included no. 80 of 500 produced. William Clarke & Son were well known coal merchants in Lincoln in the 1920’s with several depots on Midland Railway serving Lincolnshire, plus Newark and Nottinghamshire on the GN and Great Central lines. In the 1930’s a depot was established in London. The company was still trading in the 1970’s as Clarke’s Coals. The three wagons modelled here are based on historical photographs, no. 281 was photographed after being repainted in 1920. No. 101 was built by S. J. Claye of Long Eaton in 1897. No. 405 was built in 1903 by Stevens of Doncaster. ERA’s: 2 and 3. All three wagons are in excellent like new condition with all buffers and couplings intact. Box is in fair condition with wear to some edges and small damage in the top left corner from an old price label.
Historical information from Private Owner Wagons a First Collection by Keith Turton and Private Owner Wagons a Sixth Collection by Keith Turton (Lightmoor Press)
Out of stock